A six-stage plan for writing your Nano novel in 30 days
Just in time for the NaNoWriMo kickoff Nov. 1, I found a series of articles on The Guardian online outlining a six-stage plan for writing a book in 30 days. The series is part of a 32-page supplement delivered free to Guardian readers in its Oct. 20 edition.
The 30-day plan includes handy worksheets and details about:
- Creating setting, plot, outline, and preliminary characters
- Researching your idea
- The evolution of your story
- Introducing the formatted outline
- Evaluating the strength of your formatted outline
- Revising your first draft
While every writer has his or her own style, you just may find tips here to speed your progress.
Good luck in your Nano mission.